Recently published: The Central Loans Committee and Organization for the Financing of Economic Development: The Archives
10March.2009:The volume The Central Loans Committee and Organization for the Financing of Economic Development: The Archives with texts and a study by Christina Leventakou is now available; the book constitutes the result of the study of the corresponding archival series deposited with the PIOP’s Historical Archives. The Central Loan Committee (CLC) functioned between the years 1949-1954, while, following its dissolution and up to 1964, it was replaced by the Economic Development Financing Organization (EDFO). The establishment of the two agencies is related to Greece’s post-war economic situation and to the agreements between the HellenicState and the United States of America regarding the application of American economic aid in the form of long-term loans to Greek firms of the private sector.
The Foundation’s publications are available from all the bookshops.
Central distribution: The “Katarti” Bookshop 9, Mavromichali St, Athens 106 79, tel. 210 3601271 and 210 3604793.