The Piraeus Bank Group Cultural Foundation’s Academic Events Department is mainly involved with the organization of three-day working meetings and the publication of their proceedings. Nine three-day working meetings have been organized to date, addressing issues of Modern Greek technology and recording the history of basic Greek products (wine, bread, olive and olive oil etc).
• The First Three-day Working Meeting took place in Patras, on the “History of Greek Techniques” (1988, Proceedings 1991).
• The Second took place in Santorini, on the “History of Greek Wine” (1990, Proceedings 1992).
• The Third took place in Pelio, on “Our Daily Bread – From Wheat to Bread“ (1992, Proceedings 1994).
• The Fourth took place in Kalamata, on “Olive and Olive Oil” (1993, Proceedings 1996).
• The Fifth took place in Naoussa, on “The Viticultural History of Macedonia and Thrace” (1993, Proceedings 1998).
• The Sixth took place in Nikiti, on “The Bee and its Products” (1996, Proceedings 2000).
• The Seventh took place in Paralimni, Cyprus, on “Pharmaceutical and Aromatic Plants” (1997, Proceedings 2000).
• The Eighth took place in Mytilini, on “Greek Salt” (1998, Proceedings 2001 ).
• The Ninth took place in Adriani, Drama, on "The Art and Techniques in Vineyards of northern Greece" (1999, Proceedings 2002).
• The Tenth took place in Xanthi, on "The History of Greek Milk and its Products" (2005).
• The Eleventh took place in Chios, on “Chios Mastic” (2008).
In addition, the Foundation has jointly organized the following:
o The XIth History and Techniques Symposium, in Monemvasia, in collaboration with the ‘Monemvasiotikos Homilos’, on “Communications and Transport in the Pre-industrial Period” (1998, Proceedings 2001).
o Conference in Ermoupoli, Syros, in collaboration with the Centre for Neohellenic Research at the National Hellenic Research Foundation, the General State Archives for the Cyclades – Ermoupoli Historical Archive and Technical Culture Centre – Ermoupoli Industrial Museum, on the “Rescue, Management and Networking of Industrial Archives” (2000).
On the occasion of the celebration of the European Cultural Heritage Days, the Foundation organized events between 22 and 24 September 2000, in Dimitsana. Educational workshops were organized by the Open-air Water Power Museum, while the ceremony of twinning the Open-air Water Power Museum with the Water and Fountain Museum at Genval-Les-Eaux, Belgium and the inauguration of the Lousios river paths, linking the museum with the sights in its vicinity, took place.
In 2001, an event was organized for the presentation of the Europa Nostra 99 award to the Open-air Water Power Museum.