A. In the context of the principles of sustainable development adopted by the Piraeus Bank Group, and in accordance with its statutory goals, the Piraeus Bank Group Cultural Foundation (PIOP) seeks to protect and showcase the natural and manmade environment, within the framework of actions it undertakes for the preservation and promotion of the country's cultural heritage.
B. PIOP recognizes that the cultural heritage is inextricably linked not only to economic and social activities, but also to the landscape and the natural and manmade environment. In this context:
B.1 It is committed, through it thematic Museums and the special actions or programmes (national or international) it implements, to showcase the particular traits of the natural and manmade environment, by putting an emphasis on their role and significance, but also on the management practices concerning them, so as to: a) shape, highlight and protect the cultural environment/ landscape, which at present is being either created through a contemporary cultural creation, or preserved as part of our cultural heritage (material and immaterial, industrial, etc.) and b) develop social and economic activities.
B.2 It contributes to environmental awareness and promotes the principles of sustainable development, believing that the handling of contemporary environmental challenges necessitates the synergy of the State, the private sector and civil society.
C. With the objective of managing effectively the environmental impact of its activities, PIOP has developed an Environmental Management System (EMS) and in this respect commits itself to:
1. its continuous application in the Museums and other locations of its activities, so as to ensure, among others, pollution prevention,
2. its compliance to the applicable legal and other environment-related requirements relating to the Foundation's activities,
3. the constant improvement of the Foundation's environmental performance,
4. the publication of its environmental performance,
5. the implementation and evaluation of environmental programmes targeted at protecting and showcasing the natural and manmade environment, among others for energy and water savings, the promotion of RES, the reduction and recycling of waste, the re-use of materials, etc.